8800GTS 512MB FPS problems :S

Kamikaze275

Solid State Member
so my original machine was running a 7600GS, AMD 3200+ single core 2.4ghz, thats a slot 939, and some old ass ram. so i upgraded my video card. bought the 8800GTS 512MB card when it came out. i noticed about a double in my FPS in call of duty 4(cod4), from about 40-50, to about 80-90... so i figured maybe my single core was bottlenecking the performance of my 8800, so i decided it was time for a hardware upgrade. i bought the M2N32 SLI mobo, thats a socket AM2/AM2+, the wireless edition one... also i bought the 6400+ 3.2ghz dual core(black edition), and brand spankin new corsair ddr2 ram. btw my power supply is a 650w. so i threw all this together and threw my 8800 into it, and now for some reason whenever i play cod4, im getting like 80-100FPS max, and thats if im looking at a wall or something. running around i get anywhere from 20-40 FPS and i get screen lag up the ass. i have no idea what my problem would be. i have the latest video drivers, mobo drivers, the AMD dual core optimizer. all my setting are at what they were on my old machine(turning them down does nothing).... any suggestions or way to test and see if its my mobo or something would be appreciated!! thanks

Call of Duty 4 is still very intensive on full settings, depending on the resolution you are running at.
It'll also most likely be capped at rates above a certain amount, like Unreal Tournament 3 which is capped at 60, on the demo at least.

why would i go from like 100 FPS on a 939 board, old ram, and single core to like 30 on a am2, dual core, and brand new ram... doesnt make any sense. i'm runnin at 1680x1050 by the way. thats the max resolution of my monitor. im almost positive its not my settings, drivers, etc.

You did fully uninstall the old drivers and re-install new ones after fitting the new card, right?

Vsync you mean? That limits the FPS to the frame rate, it wouldn't make it run at 20FPS.

Have you checked your FPS in other games?

Have you checked your system temps.... Is your hardware all picked up correctly in BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom