8600gt?

~$150 budget?

If you have the option of buying online, get this for $10 more:
EVGA 512MB 8800GT
^ This thing absolutely slaughters the 8600GT in everything. Expect decent framerates in Crysis on high (at resolutions below 1680x1050). At Best Buy, this'd probably be at least $70 more than it is online.

If you have to buy in store, I don't think you have much choice. The 8600GT is all you can get for $150 at Circuit and Best Buy. Pretty sad comparing to what you can usually find online. (seriously, look to the internet for computer hardware and expect to save $$$)

$150 online could get you a high-end 9600GT (which squashes the 8600GT, and is just an underclocked 8800GT), or a lower-end 8800GT (which usually assures good performance from most current generation games).

Well i had this card and it sucked! so i brought it back and got all of ym money back lol thank you anyways guys

Well i had this card and it sucked! so i brought it back and got all of ym money back lol thank you anyways guys

I think saying that it sucked is pretty harsh, does it suck if you're a gamer...? yeah, but everyone doesn't game, it has it's place in the market...

I'd save $200 for a 4850....but the 8600GT isn't terrible, just not exactly a gamer's choice.

I'd save $200 for a 4850....but the 8600GT isn't terrible, just not exactly a gamer's choice.

Im quite pleased with mine actually,With it overclocked (675/800) i can play Crysis at 1440x900,Medium to high settings,4xaa (or 8,Not sure) at 25-30 FPS.

just depends how much of a gamer you are i guess. i chose the 8600GT in my laptop because like neo said id still be able to play crysis. thats about as far as id ever go gaming wise on my laptop anyway

Back
Top Bottom