7800 Gs

Tribut3

Baseband Member
ive looked into the 7800 gs, wondering if its worth it. or whether i should just wait for a new computer and sli 7800 gt's...

Do you have the money to buy a new motherboard and SLI two graphics cards?

The 7800 GS is a pretty good card, but it's not good enough. It's about X850 XT PE range but with newer technology. If I were you, just buy a X850 XT PE. Even if it lacks Shader Model 3.0, it's relatively cheap price and power brings it above the 7800 GS. Sorry, for the nVIDIA fans, but ATI is still the King of the AGP market. The 7800 GS is about $100 more than the X850 XT PE, but it doesn't beat it outright. Instead, it stays at about the X850's range. Get a X850 XT PE. It's the best AGP card for the money and for it's performance.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna get the 7800 GT or the GTX, or maybe a X1800 XL since ATI is doing such a great job. :D

That's right. Completely forgot about that. It's only in AGP I think. The 7800GTs are the ones in PCI-express only. Yeah, if AGP port is all you have, this the mother of all graphic cards for you.

TRDCorolla said:
That's right. Completely forgot about that. It's only in AGP I think. The 7800GTs are the ones in PCI-express only. Yeah, if AGP port is all you have, this the mother of all graphic cards for you.

The 7800 GS is AGP only. It's the only 7 series card that's for AGP.

Actually, the 7800 GS isn't that good. It hangs along with the X850 XT PE, and the only advantage it has is it's extra technology support like Shader Model 3.0. Other than that, the X850 XT PE is pretty cheap ($200 in some places) for it's performance. That's what I'd go for. The 7800 GS is too late for nVIDIA to retake the AGP crown.

Back
Top Bottom