775 heatsink fitting

I wish I could make mine tidier...

I've almost finished.

One part to fit, the CPU power...

Its a 4 pin on my motherboard, yet my 9700 is only a 3 pin... what do I do now? :(
I did a check, and it seems like the NT version, supported by Nvidia has a 4 pin connector... I haven't bought the wrong fan have I, with no way around?

Yeah same on mine too, but on the evga it showed u if u only had 3 pin adapter,(well it had a plastic backing thingy so it cud only fit a certain way) does it tell u in the manual?

Well, I've just connected it up using 3 pins.
It seems the 4th pin is just extra because it didn't have a notch, but the 3 pin adapter went on fine.

Powering up... in 1 minute

I wish I could make mine tidier...

I've almost finished.

One part to fit, the CPU power...

Its a 4 pin on my motherboard, yet my 9700 is only a 3 pin... what do I do now? :(
I did a check, and it seems like the NT version, supported by Nvidia has a 4 pin connector... I haven't bought the wrong fan have I, with no way around?
Does the 9700 come with the Fanmate?

The attachment of these coolers can be a bit of fun can't it :)

I started the screw by the fan blades first as there was more room to tighten the second screw whilst adding pressure to it (quite a lot of pressure too btw)

What temps are you getting now it's on?

I'm running my 9700NT at ~2000 RPM to give a cpu temp of 44°C under load (FAH 24/7) with a room temp of ~20°C.

When idling Asus Speed Step kicks in and the core drops back to 1.6GHz the cpu temp is ~34°C

NOTE: In the interests of accuracy, all cpu temperatures were taken using TAT (Intels Thermal Analysis Tool) and confirmed as correct by Core Temp v0.95.4 not some motherboard supplied reporting programme.

Its working, but the 200mm fan isn't. I feel thats to do with the power connector I connected it to, but CPU is at 31 degrees at BIOS, when the room is 27 degrees C. I don't think thats bad at all :D

Its pretty quiet too!

You ever used a 9700 before Kage? i was really impressed with it, still am, its a huge bugger though lol.

I need to tidy my SATA cables a little otherwise I'm happy with this build

dscf0285smallgc7.jpg

mine is really tidy for the amount of wiring in it :D i would post pics but im too lazy, i will when i want to :p

Cables, what cables lol that so tidy, mine r everywhere, id love to be able to tidy it up but i cant see how! theres no where to stick the cables lol, doesnt help having a 7950gx2 its a stupidly big card.

Back
Top Bottom