7500GT with an 8500GT?

athleticboy17

Baseband Member
Ok so as you can guess this is my first post, soo I'm a noob on the forums, and basically with computers, but I got basic knowledge. Now this is probably going to sound like a very stupid question to a lot of you, but can I run an 8500GT with a 7500GT? I just bought a 7500GT like a month ago, but now the 8500's just dropped in price and I kinda got screwed cause here is an 8500 I can buy for the price of my 7500. I don't want to throw out my 7500 because it is a great card, but does anyone know if I can run them together, like SLI? and if I can, how big of a power supply will I need?

No, they need to be the same to SLI them. You'd need 7500GT with a 7500GT, etc. Although they can be from different manufacturers..

dang...thanks tho many, what would two 7500GT's equal? and do they need to be the exact same 7500? or can they have some different specs but still 7500GT, know what I mean?

Just to set you off right, SLI requires 2 cards that have the same model processor. Brand doesnt matter.

Hmmm haha I feel like a complete noob. Yeah, sooo how good is an 8500GT? anyone use one? How much power does this thing need to run? It seems like it's too good to be true, it has some nice specs, buuut it just seems to cheap.

here's EVGA's info on the 8500 it will incude the power reqs for the card as well as all other speeds. http://www.evga.com/products/moreinfo.asp?pn=256-P2-N740-LR&family=23

Power reqs on that should be the same betwen manufacturers, but speeds do tend to differ a little.

[edit] I've heard rumors on why the 8500 is so cheap. It is only supposed to perform like a 7800, just with a DX10 chip and the capability to do AA and HDR lighting.

Back
Top Bottom