6600 gt or 9800 pro

yea i have the 9800 pro and its capable of playing all the new games, yes that means DOOM 3 too, but not at full settings and u'll still get lag unless you ahve the best of everything. the 6600gt you will love. best brands of video cards are ni my opinion Leadtek and MSI. they both come with bundles of software and some games to test out the video cards on.

LOL Well the X600 XT isn't that good of a card to begin with...that's why ATi replaced it with the X700 (which isn't any better).

alvino said:
LOL Well the X600 XT isn't that good of a card to begin with...that's why ATi replaced it with the X700 (which isn't any better).

I was just shocked to see that.. way to go Nvidia. their previous generation cards are beating ATI's newer generation ones!

well, it depends on what games you play and what settings you care for, i liked that review, because, for one, it was the only site that reviewed ROME, and that is the only game i play, and the 6600GT performed better on that one, so for me, the 6600gt would be the better choice; but it really depends on which games you're going to play; so i suggest you look at which one performed best overall on the games that you own, or want to own in the future, and get that one :)

good luck

The 6600GT is far better then the 9800XT. Heck the 5950U is better then the 9800XT. It just has to do with clock speed and overall speed.

Well the 6600 GT is way better...but the 5950 Ultra's architecture is kinda old and it's starting to become obsolete. Not to mention the high price for it.

Back
Top Bottom