4 Monitor support

SKSmokes

Beta member
I want to be able to drive 4 monitors from my work computer. The video card that's already installed is an NVIDIA Quadro FX570. That drives the dual display I have now.

If I wanted to drive 2 more, would it be as simple as installing a 2nd NVIDIA Quadro FX570 into another PCI-e slot, grab some software and go? (500 Watt power supply)

If not, what are the steps I'd need to do. I'd like to keep this cost to a minimum since it is a work computer and don't need any gaming/video/hi performance graphics, etc.

Well, it's not as simple as that but near enough.

you need to look into SLI configurations for the FX570. It might be cheaper in the long run to just look into a HIS Radeon 6990, since it has 4 ports on it anyway. Mini-display mind, but adapters aren't expensive.

Quadro cards are a fooking ripoff if you ask me.

Well, it's not as simple as that but near enough.

you need to look into SLI configurations for the FX570. It might be cheaper in the long run to just look into a HIS Radeon 6990, since it has 4 ports on it anyway. Mini-display mind, but adapters aren't expensive.

Quadro cards are a fooking ripoff if you ask me.

I don't think I need SLI/crossfire--I just want to have multi-display outputs so I can run in 3Kx1024 or whatever across 4 displays. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think SLI/crossfire is if you need to split the graphics processing across multiple cards and isn't really related to how many monitors you have interfacing.

Ya, the quadro cards DO seem overpriced, however, I thought I read that if you get 2 cards with different drivers, Windows can have issues. Since I already have 1, getting a 2nd one is only $99, so is there an alternative card I can buy 2 of for < $100?

Back
Top Bottom