3GHz!!!

nice oc. The exact round error was probably within the RAM. I'll give you a hint, leave only the 512MB stick in. It should give you a better oc as with multiple sticks, you have a higher chance that one will hold you back. Nice job though.

Nice im trying to get my 4200+ x2 to 2.65 or so on a zalman cooler. So far only 2.55 on stock cooling stock is 2.2

lhuser said:
Well, the fastest clock I could see was a 4.5GHZ CPU...unless I find a way to unlock the CPU miltiplier.
dont ya need an engineering sample to change the multipliers

the only way to get unlocked multipliers now is ES (engineering sample) or EE (Extreme Edition)

^^ both of which are expensive the only place i have seen es is on ebay

Im planning to OC my pentium D, stock 3Ghz to 3.5Ghz, they're nice temps for that overclock though!

Thanks everyone for the comments. It's just too bad it isn't stable. I might work on that some time, but I'm content with 2.9GHz. I don't think there would be much of a gaming difference between 2.9 and 3. I may try that 1 512MB stick of RAM thing though, ownage. I didn't think of that. :p

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to say, it was very unstable. May have been the RAM, but when I opened CSS, within a quarter second, it crashed.

And good luck with your OC, joxley.

Back
Top Bottom