3.5" IDE Enclosure not in My Computer

RhysAndrews

In Runtime
Hey guys.
I found an old 250gb IDE Drive the other day, so I bought a 3.5" IDE enclosure for it. When plugging it all in / turning it on, Windows detects the drivers and says that it's working fine. I can see it in the device manager, however, it is not coming up on My Computer OR the Disk Manager (to create partitions etc).

I know there's a possibility of the IDE drive being dead, but I want to know if there are any other possibilities first.

All help appreciated!
Thanks
Rhys

Just an update...
I put the hard-drive in a spare computer as an internal drive, and it was picked up fine. I then removed its partition, in hopes that when it was put into the enclosure it will come up on the logical manager as unpartitioned space - no luck. I also tried removing the master/slave/cable-select jumper and changing it from master to cable select, with no change.

I will soon try putting in another drive but I am hoping for some possible solutions first.

Thanks
Rhys

Second update...
Put in another hard-drive, and it worked fine. I guess it's just my old hard-drive. Strange that it works fine as an internal drive, though.

-Rhys

Back
Top Bottom