16gb might not work?

theberzerker

Solid State Member
OK so I have been doing some reading on the net (should have done this before purchasing) and it said that a lot of people are having trouble booting their PC with this configuration.
which is what i have. I already order the parts though it isn't here yet.

ASUS Sabertooth P67 mobo with 16gb (4x4gb) CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Corsair Vengeance ram.

People said that it booted up with 8gb but not the 16gb. Therefore when I get my setup and build the PC, if it does not boot up is there a solution to fix it? I read on the Cosair and ASUS website and it says that the ram are compatible with the mobo. With all the reading I am just scared that my PC wont boot with the 16gb. If anyone has a suggestion or a fix to this problem please let me know.

My experiance in the past has been that sometimes the motherboard can't detect the voltage properly with high amounts of RAM and that manually bumping it up with a lesser configuration that works (the 8gigs) shutting down then throwing the rest in usually works.

This is assuming that All the sticks of RAM and all slots on the motherboard are good. It's also assuming you've tried to do a bios update.

Back
Top Bottom