1 Monitor, but 2 Computer…can it work?

I presume

• they're on the same network
  • are set up to share files
  • you have Admin rights on both pcs

Why not just use Remote Desktop Connection, that will give you access to both pc's from one monitor.

take out the drive then pop it in the other and wala. doing it over the network could take much longer depending

Both systems have raid 0 on the so swaping hdd will not work.

Remote Desktop Connection, how do I use it? Its it alredy installed on XP home and Vista Ultimate? Or do I need to download it?

Not sure about Vista but on the XP machine it is under All Programmes > Accessories.

Which pc has the monitor connected to it??

The above link is mainly focused on the internet, to connect on a LAN you just enable Remote Desktop on both pc's and then connect to one from the other by hitting the connection icon that is located in All Programmes > Accessories and then logging on to the client pc.

I use it all the time on the four pc's on my home network.

If your monitor has a digital and analog input you could plug 1 comp into the digital and the other into the VGA port. Thats how i use to use the one monitor. Just make sure your monitor has Input Select before doing it.

If your monitor has a digital and analog input you could plug 1 comp into the digital and the other into the VGA port. Thats how i use to use the one monitor. Just make sure your monitor has Input Select before doing it.

Thats how I do it, works great. Then I just use a simple manual usb switch for the keyboard and mouse.

Thats how I do it, works great. Then I just use a simple manual usb switch for the keyboard and mouse.

I have five different video inputs available: DVI, VGA, Component, Composite and S-Video. It supports Picture In Picture and Picture By Picture

here are my connection ports. what am i supposed to plug in to the end of my "old" pc? My current pc is using DVI connection.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m62/MALOI2006/DSC05896.jpg

Back
Top Bottom