1 long beep, 3 short. No display. Stumped :(

djskiggz

In Runtime
:mad:Asus P6T Deluxe
Intel i7 920
3GB Corsair XMS3 Mem
ATI Radeon HD 4870 x2

I can't seem to diagnose this problem....I am getting 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps with no display. My motherboard manual says that means "No Video Card Detected".

Here's what ive tried:

Bought a new video card. Didn't work
Reseated the memory. Didn't work
Tried 1 stick of memory one by one. Didn't work
Tried the 2nd PCIExpress slot. Didn't Work

The only thing i can think of is that the motherboard is fried somehow. Is there any way to tell? I have everything default, no overclocking, etc. Not sure what else to do. Could it be the processor? This issue was happenning before..but sometimes it would go on and sometimes it wouldn't. Seems like it had to do with a heating issue because after I had the computer on and tried to reset, i would get these same beeps. I would turn the comp off for like 30 seconds and then it would boot up. WEIRD!!!!!!!!!

Are your vid cards getting enough power? Check your power supply specs to make sure you have enough "oomph" to push them and every thing else.

Strongly suspect your power supply isn't up to the task. You're using a 4870x2 video card which is a power hog, and I wouldn't use anything less than a name brand 650 watt or greater power supply. If you're trying to get by on some cheapy $40 POS, there's your problem.

I highly doubt it's the power supply...I just had it replaced on warranty a few months ago. And I received a brand new one.

It's an Antec TruePower QUATRO 1000w.

:( any advice? Could it be possible that all 3 ram modules are fried? Fix: i have 6gb of memory apparently. I just forgot how much

Back
Top Bottom