$1,200 Build

Yeah I was about to say are the Motherboards with two CPU slots in for servers, what would it actually be like to run it for a games pc :) lol

IronMaiden6669 said:
Yeah I was about to say are the Motherboards with two CPU slots in for servers, what would it actually be like to run it for a games pc :) lol

If its a gaming Rig, money should be spent elsewhere.

If its a Server, the extra processing power is a great bonus :D

GodTom47 said:
Sorry guys lol I completely forgot to say this was for gaming.

In that case, definitely get the Core 2 Duo. Once again, here's the link to the combo builder from MonarchComputer.com. I'd get the ASUS P5B Deluxe and an E6600 if you can afford it, but an E6400 or even an E6300 will be great. Plus those last two I think are really good at overclocking, if you're in to that. And yeah, I forgot to mention, though I've heard select good things from HIS cards, a Sapphire would probably be better because I've heard a lot of good about them and not too much for HIS. Grab a Sapphire X1650Pro and it should be a good gaming machine. Don't worry about what I said for the RAM; try to get 2GB if at all possible. Some fast 1GB will get you by today, but 2GB is becoming gaming-standard more and more every day.

edit: And the links you posted still aren't working for me.

Back
Top Bottom