0o0o Help with RAM o0o0

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
I'm playing bf2 on my comp, and in higher settings it lags just to the point where it gets annoying. fo example, im taking a flag, and an enemy suddenly comes up the stairs at me. just as im about to blow his freakin head off, my reticle comes to rest upon his head and then lags for around a second. i have enough money to by a gig stick of corsair valueselect, and was wondering if that would be the answer to my problem. my max price is around 85, so if u have any suggestions or if ram really would help, please post.thanx

i have 512 dual channel ddr2 sdram ,on my hella tight XFX 6800 i have 256,and on my Pentium 4 Hyper Threading 3.0 ghz on my comp

Ok, that is fine specs for BF2, the ram wont make a different unless you get 2 gigs. But try either over clocking you vid card, or check for crap on ur computer, also dont use background programs, or use a p2p network while playing. tho it would be nice to have a gb of ram, just for the sake of it making the computer better in general

yeah, i did the ctrl-alt-delete thing and ended all the processes that i didn't need as told by the ea games support forum, and i did notice that while in the menu in bf2 when it's a vid of a sattelite going over a city, it didn't lag at all, which was a total surprise,but while in gameplay it was still a bit laggy in high settings, not too bad but not too good either. how do i overclock my graphics card and free up my system of crap?thanx

first of all, to clean ur system do things like defragment your hard drive, do a virus scan, spybot scan , adaware scan, ect... and as for the graphics card, what kinda cooling do you have before you do that. and if fans how many of what size, places where in the case. it would be nice to have pics too...

its the stock 6800 fan,it's 2 .5 inches diameter, and the dell case is btx form factor, meaning it has 1 beasty 120mm fan thats in the front middle of the case, pushes air through the middle of the case, cooling the cpu which has a large cooler block on it, and the path of fresh air leads directly up to the 6800, where it pulls the fresh air in. the current temp. of the card(gpu right?) is 49c, or 120f.
as i stick my hand in there, its colder than my room. i can also take the side panel off or on, which will help i think?hopefully this helps

i have the same computer, and case, so i know exactly the lay out and all, and i think that it has 2 fans. but my processer dosnet have a temp guage, but get another fan, water cooling, or jetcooling to saftly oc ur g-card.

jet cooling? never heard of that, ill look into it. im also into buying a window kit, 2 uv/blue cold cathodes, 2 120 mm fans to replace the one and also put one in the back to suck out the air, a fan controller, and some uv-sensitive sleeving.hopefully it will look like the bomb. thanx

Back
Top Bottom