Vps??

baseball7

Solid State Member
so ive put together a second build, but i dont wanna go through the hassle of going back and forth between computers.. I was thinkin about creating my own VPS or VPN (whichever works) so that i could just kinda use my second computer while on my first.
I was thinkin of just getting everything running smoothly on the second and using Teamviewer or another remote desktop program.

Would it be easier to use the remote desktop or to create a VPS/VPN? And which would keep both computer running faster?

Are you talking about VNC? That would allow you to use the second machine from the first. Alternatively, you could get a KVM switch.

uhm.. no i was talkin about a VPS, i didnt know what a VNC was until you just mentioned it.. nor a kvm... i mean i could look up tutorials on how to set those up and all..
basically with a KVM switch i can just have a box to hookup both computers to 1 monitor, 1 keyboard and 1 mouse and run both computers separately? I have both computers hooked up to 1 monitor currently, i just hate having to switch between the hdmi channels..

sorry, everything you just mentioned is all new to me :( im going to do some more research on these things

VNC is nice to use... That switch you mentioned would work too.. Not really sure what else you could wanna do.
RDP works but mine as well use VNC instead.

Last edited:
Never used teamviewer but what it looks like is basically the same concept. I guess try teamviewer. Looks easy to use.

so ive put together a second build, but i dont wanna go through the hassle of going back and forth between computers.. I was thinkin about creating my own VPS or VPN (whichever works) so that i could just kinda use my second computer while on my first.
I was thinkin of just getting everything running smoothly on the second and using Teamviewer or another remote desktop program.

Would it be easier to use the remote desktop or to create a VPS/VPN? And which would keep both computer running faster?

VPS is a virtual private server, it's a machine that runs on top of another OS, perhaps so one machine can host two different OS for different servers.

A VPN is a virtual Private network, it's used to create a network tunnel from one site to another, (say your home to work) or between offices to extend a network across physical and logical boundaries.

I think that what you need is remote desktop, or VNC, or team viewer, or go to my PC, or PCanywhere (or simillar)

Back
Top Bottom