Hosting a website from a webserver......

AMD RULES1

In Runtime
I have a question. We will be soon getting a gigabit network
in our business office and we will be having a website made by a friend of ours. The thing is, we would rather have the site hosted from a dedicated
web server in our office. The question is, can we host a dental website,
not having too much bandwidth, probabley less than 3-8GB a month,
on this web server from our secure gigabit network at our office with this??:

Server model: Sun Fire X2100 Server

http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/x2100/

Web Server will be running an Opteron processor and 1024-2048MB memory with two 80GB hdds.

Also, how does it work where you have your own URL, like computerforums.org, for example? Thanks for explaining it to me. :)

Again, thanks for taking the time to help me out and also, we would really perfer if no one mentioned or recommended having the site hosted by another company for a monthly bill. It would just easier to have it hosted at our office and be able to change or access the coding on the website, if needed.

Thanks alot for your time and effort,

AMD RULES

Okay for a professional site first thing you want is a static IP address, if you dont know what this is, ask your network administrator if you have one.

Second is you need access to the main router in order to foward a port to your webserver so people from outside can access it.

ok, my IP provides static ip addess up to five of them for my network.
The server will be behind a firewall and 16 port gigabit switch.
Also, i am the network administrator. The dental office is my dad's.
Im doing to for my dad.

Okay what kind of router / firewall are you running?

And we are talking about 5 Static IP's from your ISP which are external WAN static IP's, right?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Okay what kind of router / firewall are you running?

And we are talking about 5 Static IP's from your ISP which are external WAN static IP's, right?
This is the firewall.
My network connection goes like this with the Web Server:

(internet)-----connection-----(modem)-----{firewall}----(switch)---server

and yes, the static IP addesses are external, provided by my Internet Provider, Comcast.

Back
Top Bottom