Edit a already existing website?

alex_boothby

In Runtime
Hi,

I've just got a new job. And part of my duties are to maintain the website. If you would like to look it is RSPCA Suffok East Coast

To edit the website I have to to go to wordserver ::: login then log in with my details, then edit the site via this online webpage editor thing. It seems rather complicated to do very basic things!

Im quite good on Webplus X6, I just wonderd if there would be any way to edit the website using that program rather then the online thing? I have all the hosting details etc.

Is this possible,
Cheers,

p.s I am by no means webmaster, but I get by with progs like Webplus X6.

unfortunately, it looks like you're probably tied to using the wordserver software.

I've never seen or heard of this software before, but it apparently is really easy to use?
(at least according to the testimonials section at wordserver.co.uk)

What sort of edits are you planing on making? if you're going for a complete redesign then it might be easier to throw the whole site away and start again on a different platform, (something like joomla or word press) (that won't involve paying a monthly fee to Astutech (the people who make the wordserver software). and where you can find hundreds (or thousands) of templates for free, and plenty of free help online)

(though I'm not clear if that actually includes the hosting costs, or if it's just a license fee?).

if you can't throw away the site then you'll just have to learn how to use the software, there is probably not a way to make edits in desktop software, you have to use the content management system that the site is built on.

I think you need to talk to your superiors and suggest a major change.

At the moment you are spending outrageous amounts of money on something that is not really as flexible as you want...

Its up to you if you then want to upload something you design your self or use something like wordpress....but get away from what you are using now..

Back
Top Bottom