Reinstalling battery in laptop.

OneMarcilV

In Runtime
Is it common for a laptop not to boot up u till the battery is removed and reinstalled?

Yesterday my laptop booted to to a dark blank screen with the curser showing. All the keys lit up like they are supposed to but did nothing. Then i shut the computer down uninstalled and reinstalled the battery. Restarted computer and that worked.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

I've had an issue like this on my Mum's HP Elitebook 8540P. I've taken the hard drive out to recover data and format it to reinstall the OS and blank screen, I took it out with charger plugged in and it booted fine. I reinserted the battery and it was fine. What kind of laptop is it?

No only the one time. Yes this is a highly rated computer.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Sorry, I misread your post before. Well, as long as it has only happened the one time, then you have very little to worry about.

Again, sorry that I read your post wrong.

Then we will have to see exactly why and how it has occured. You dont need to be worried, but if it does happen again then we will need to know everything about your system.

I really think that if this has only happened once, then you have a while yet before it will be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom