RAM Memory Question

almir

Beta member
I have some odd things happening and I'm tring to find answer why.
I had Kingstone 4GB DDR3 1333 on my PC and my computer experiance index score (on Vista) for memory was 5.7. So I got additional 2GB ram exactly the same memory as other 2 sticks and when i did the test it gave me 5.5 score.
My understanding was if I get more memory score would get better or it would atlest stay the same becase I added memory with same spec like the other 2 I had before. Anyone had experienced something like this or maybe knows what the deal is?

When you're installing RAM, my homie, you're always supposed to install equal amounts in the ports. You need another 2gig stick so that you have 4 on one side and 4 on the other. It's bad for your MB to have 4gigs on one side, and only 2 on the other.

I also haven't any experience with Vista yet, I've been sticking to XP Pro. I don't know what the whole memory rating thing is, but like I said above, I do know that generally you make the numbers equal on either side.

um pretty sure that the memory score in vista and W7 is about the rams read and write ability, the amount of it dosnt really matter to the score (if both DMM's are balanced '4 on one side and 4 on the other')

Back
Top Bottom