A problem about my CD-ROM

ComputerGuy1994

Solid State Member
I have a problem that when I eject my CD-ROM, it never come out. And I can't put a CD inside it.

Any guides on how to open/eject my CD-ROM?

Thanks.

make sure the power is properly connected and the IDE cable is fine... otherwise the drive is stuffed!

But when I press the CD-ROM eject button, it got response. But it never come out. It just got the sounds. And it got the light.

On the front of the drive is a small hole, get a paperclip, straighten it out and push it in the hole, that will operate the manual eject and open the drive.

It may not be opening because it has two disks in it (my son put two disks in once :rolleyes:)

My CD-ROM don't have any CDs inside. But I can't open it...
Pls help!!

My CPU picture:
c00208322.gif

try going to devise manager and un-installing the driver for it, then just reboot... it might fix the problem for you when windows detects it again and re-installs the driver for it.

then again you may have a faulty drive..

how to reinstall the driver? by using CD? i dont have any driver CDs. or search driver in the web? i'm afraid i cant reinstall it.
Pls help!!!

ok, try this, take out the cd-rom and move it to a different slot on the ide cable. this will be the ide cable that says cd-rom, one is for the master cd-rom...

the other one on the same ide cable is for the slave drive cd-rom. plug it into that one, and then boot up.

it should detect the cd-rom and windows will install the driver for it automatically. now if that don't work, then i suggest you find out what make your computer is. put in the info on the site,and download the cd-rom driver from your make and model.

edit: now if that don't work, then try the link below :
http://www.cdrom-drivers.com/

My CD-ROM don't have any CDs inside. But I can't open it...
Pls help!!
Did you try the paper clip idea I suggested? Did you even try it?

If that doesn't work then the drive is toast, it is a simple mechanical release to unlock the draw, if it fails to open then a mechanical fault has occured with the drive gear that moves the drive tray in and out. If that is damaged, out of alignment or cogs on the gear are stripped it is not going to open.

What were the circumstances before it jammed? How do you close the drive draw? with the button or by pushing the tray?

Back
Top Bottom