OMG, HD DVD players are out...

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This site is Japanese. Toshiba's site has all these new HD DVD players on sale.

http://www.hddvd-toshiba.jp/hdd-dvd/products/hddvd/

Are HD DVD players even out yet in the US? I have no clue, but this is a step forward. These products appear to be Toshiba's "second generation" HD DVD players in Japan. It's suppose to have Deep Color technology, standard HDMI and integrates a 1080p compatible up-scaler. HD-XF2 has 65.5 mm, the lowest height digital high definition player.

Both of the new models has increased the speed in loading and response times over the previous models. They also offer advanced interactive features such as the cool Picture in Picture function that offers the ability to play a video over the main program.

I didn't even know these were out. I thought HD players were coming out next year, lol. I need to broaden my horizon instead of thinking about computers all the time.

Whew, now I'm really behind. I thought the PS3 were the only Blu-Ray player around. Another thing I had no clue was the new Nvidia 600 series chipsets in December. When the hell did those come out!?!?! I see some on Newegg, but we'll probably end up seeing much more motherboards that support the Nvidia 600 chipset. It features dual PCI Express x16, dual PCI Express x8 connectivity, and support an additional x8 lane of PCI Express connectivity. It also features 1333 FSB support for Intel Core2 Quad CPUs and NVIDIA SLI-Ready memory technology supporting DDR2 1200 MHz memory modules (up to 8GB total system memory). Native support for SATA 3.0 Gb/s devices and the new 8 channel High Definition audio. Wow, pretty impressive.

Speaking of capacity's, did you know that SD cards have new SDHC models? The new Secure Digital High Capacity can store from 4 GB to 32 GB. The SDHC cards are given speed class ratings for their minimum sustained write speed:

Class 2 for 2 MB/sec
Class 4 for 4 MB/sec
Class 6 for 6 MB/sec

The Xbox 360 HD-DVD player is out too. $199.99 gets you one.

I also know of a legal hack that can get it to play HD-DVD's on your PC. :D

Now, I'm just barely catching up on everything, lol. I've been busy with school projects and work. Today was like the only day I've been on here most of the day, reading up on things. Now I'm just wondering when we're getting HD-DVD drives for our PCs, hehe. Wouldn't that be sweet?

They are having soo many probs. with the Blu-ray though, I wouldn't reccomend them now, wait a couple months so they can fix the bugs.

Sorry about the double posts but what is going to happen w. the blu-ray and the HD-DVD discs and players are that one is going to take over another, just like VHS took over VCR. Back in the "day" when they were both out VHS and VCR were two types of tapes, but now they are all VCR. That clears it up I hope.

Back
Top Bottom