Olympus camedia c60 camera

mick56

Baseband Member
I might be in the wrong place alltogether, but, i put 12v through a 4.5v Olympus Camedia C60,it lit up ok but did'nt work, now that ive got the battery charged it wont do anything, at the risk of stating the obvious, have i burnt it out, and how much would it cost to fix :facepalm: Any comment's will be welcome.:hide:

I'd like to think there'd be some sort of failsafe on the camera so it wouldn't draw that kind of voltage, but I know very little about that sort of thing if I'm honest... if the battery is removable, will the camera start up when it's plugged in with the battery removed? That's all I can suggest really, but to be honest, I don't think it's looking good for your camera...:hide:

I'd like to think there'd be some sort of failsafe on the camera so it wouldn't draw that kind of voltage, but I know very little about that sort of thing if I'm honest... if the battery is removable, will the camera start up when it's plugged in with the battery removed? That's all I can suggest really, but to be honest, I don't think it's looking good for your camera...:hide:

My adapter doesnt go as low as the 4.5v required so i dont want to plug that in again,but ive got 2 fully charged batteries and tried them both with no luck. I just got a reply from a camera shop telling me that as the camera is 10yrs old they are not interested in even looking at it,i guess that's the throw away world we live in.I was just hoping that someone might have done the same as me and have some advice. Thank's for you're time though mate :thumb: Mick.

Does the adapter go to 5v? I'd have thought 5v would be a fairly important level since the majority of phones, and devices that can plug into USB ports all require this!

It's plausible that the voltage regulator in the camera *may* be able to deal with the higher voltage, but with the extra heat (a lot of extra heat), it may have killed the more heat sensitive components!

Does the adapter go to 5v? I'd have thought 5v would be a fairly important level since the majority of phones, and devices that can plug into USB ports all require this!

It's plausible that the voltage regulator in the camera *may* be able to deal with the higher voltage, but with the extra heat (a lot of extra heat), it may have killed the more heat sensitive components!

The adapter that i have is run off a 12v 110 ah leisure battery and goes from 12v in increment's up to 24v, so i need to get a a reducer and try that i suppose.The socket on the camera that i used is a 4.8v (not 4.5v) DC jack input, there is a USB on it but i think that is to send information to my laptop, not supply power, i just plugged that in and nothing happened.The camera used to switch on when the lense shutter was slid back, but nothing happen's now, no light's nothing.

Back
Top Bottom