Internet On PPC

Fess

Beta member
Hey Dudes i was wondering what cheap Pocket PCs can go on the internet. By saying cheap I mean about $100. Oh and if any of you know can I use Palm z22 to go on the internet?

Find yourself some wifi card and just jump on some access points. That's what I did with my old Axim. They actually do halfway decent on the internet, too!

and i hate to nag, well no i dont.

the z22 is dont a ppc.

any devices u see when u go to www.palm.com

those are Palm OS devices, the axims and ipaqs (i think) are PPC. they run differnt OS's.

there are three ways of getting online for Palm OS.

usb cable, ya right.

Bluetooth, and WiFi. The Palm T/X and Lifedrive are some of the devies with both built in. I have a Zire 72s. It has built in bluetooth. While bluetooth is slower than wifi, all i had to get is a little usb dongle, for under 20 dollars. not a 100 dolalr wifi card, and i dont have wifi at my house so i would have to pay alot for that. u can also hotsync over bluetooth, and connect to bluetooth phones...to...idk what u can do while connected to phones. use em as a modem i guess.

wifi range is alot better than bluetooth, and i dont think it uses as much battery power.

with bluetooth u can send files between other bluetooth enabled devices. i dont knwo with wifi...

http://ipod-offers.dvdmc.com/index.php?id=77772

the 71 is nice if all u want to do is surf. a 144 mhz processor isnt much. i got a 312 in my 72. the 71 doesnt have bluetooth but u can pick up a wifi card. the 71 is nice, but there is one thing, after using the slider alot, the internal ribbon cable will go thru wear and tear and eventually malfunction. again, go to those forums and ask those guys.

Back
Top Bottom