Epson Printers

BK_123

Golden Master
Hi all.

I would like an opinion on what epson printers are like as I am looking for a new on that does fax and have WiFi connectivity....

I have used Epson inkjets for quite a few years, but myt last one was a good three or fours ago.

Each Epson printer I have bought has lasted me about two years. Unfortunately, my printing needs are variable, with long periods between printing jags, which is bad for inkjets-- ink dries up, ink gets wasted cleaning out the jets, etc. so I opted for a color laser printer the last time and it does me just fine (it's a Samsung, though).

Epson, if I recall correctly, uses a separate printhead from the cartridge, so if and when you get your printhead really clogged up, it's almost impossible to get it clean, and you don't get a new set of jets when you buy new cartridges, like you would with other brands (Canon?). Replacing a printhead costs more than a new printer, anyways, hence the two year-or-so lifetime (on my part).

I have tried cleaning the printhead out with 90% ethanol with mixed results. Then there is the pad in the bottom of the printer which soaks up (or is supposed to) the excess ink-- opening the printer up to fix inevitably results in a big mess.

The print quality with the Epson inkjets have always been good for me.

Back
Top Bottom