Best Gaming Video Capture Device?

Herpderp23

Baseband Member
Alright, here's what I'd like to do...

I want to record around 2 hours of non stop gameplay on my computer, at a resolution of 1680x1050. And I would like to be able to transfer it to my 1tb external hard drive for storage. My friend uses Dazzle but only records his games at 1024x768 and if I used something like Fraps my computer bogs down alot. I'm running a good computer too.

So what would be the most efficient way of doing this, without bogging down on resources while gaming? Software or hardware? If you've tried something, I would love input on it and how it works for you, thanks!

If you loop it through any type of hardware recorder, this will cause massive lag, typically between 500 and 2000 ms. Totally unacceptable, so you will have to go with software, FRAPS being the best. Cut your resolution or come settings and it may work better, idk it never made anything slow down for me.

I believe VLC also has a screen record option. I have no idea how well it works though. Otherwise there is FRAPS.

i use fraps all the time, and none of my videos have any lag if at all.

perhaps your video card isnt up to the task?

I use xfire. Reason:with fraps unless your buy the full version your can only record 30 seconds at a time. Though the quility of the video may not be to great at first you can change the video to HD in windows movie maker.

Back
Top Bottom