Anyone still use MiniDisc???

Not me. I don't see the point.
They are priced similar to full sized CD's anyway, and CD/DVD/bluray are in general getting replaced by online storage, steaming and USB devices.

Did anyone use them to begin with? :lol: I went from floppy, to USB basically and skipped saving to CD for the most part anyway.

They never took off, and to be honest they were never really that useful for the end user either - they offered very little over a normal CD, and both the media and the equipment needed to play them was much more expensive (as well as having a much more limited selection.)

The one capacity in which they were useful was recording, as they were much nicer than tape in this regard - in the early 2000's we recorded a number of tracks using MD for this reason (of course, CD is completely unsuitable for recording as you go, and this was in the days before you could rely on your average computer to record large amounts of audio without breaking somehow.)

However, with the advent of SD card recorders, good free programs like Audacity and the price of good recording interfaces freefalling, there's really not been much case for them for a long time now.

I get mini's from TPLink and the doc handed me one of my CAT and MRI scans.
There was a little sign near the bottom you had to zoom in on. It said, "Space for rent, cheap" :whistling:

I still use MiniDisc. To me, ATRAC SP Type-R (292kbps) is still superior to any MP3 codec. Check out my signature.

Last edited:
Whoa....looked at the pics on your ebay page. First, you have a wide taste in music. Second, a mini-disc is not what I was thinking it is. I was thinking of mini-cds. (to which most of the comments here apply as well).

I've never actually seen a mini-disc before.

The only way I have seen mini discs is when you would buy something like a USB Wifi device and the driver would be on that. Now though those drivers are really unnecessary as that is usually going to be recognized by windows and almost always by Linux in my experience. So I really don't so those very often.

Back
Top Bottom