Msspro

Eloy34

Beta member
Hello guys and girls,

So you think microsoft surface pro really replace a laptop or an ultrabook, would you get one instead an ultrabook?

I use my tablet to supplement my desktop and vice versa. Most tablets these days could replace other form factors for light duty computing. But the MS tablets are still lacking the CPU/gpu power to truly replace a desktop gaming machine, not to mention, most tablets aren't exactly user friendly when it comes to upgrading hardware.

In the near term, no, I can't see the surface pro replacing towers. laptops, maybe, but it'll be 5-7 years before these are powerfull enough to make me think twice about getting rid of my tower. And even then, the desktops will have increased in power enough to warrant them staying in use for serious gamers.

I use my tablet to supplement my desktop and vice versa. Most tablets these days could replace other form factors for light duty computing. But the MS tablets are still lacking the CPU/gpu power to truly replace a desktop gaming machine, not to mention, most tablets aren't exactly user friendly when it comes to upgrading hardware.

In the near term, no, I can't see the surface pro replacing towers. laptops, maybe, but it'll be 5-7 years before these are powerfull enough to make me think twice about getting rid of my tower. And even then, the desktops will have increased in power enough to warrant them staying in use for serious gamers.

Oh i see, but i mean like using it mainstream, for gaming i go for desktop, thanks for the answer. :)

Back
Top Bottom