Game lagging

ikibah

Beta member
Hi! I just downloaded NBA 2k13 onto my laptop and it lags. It's a toshiba that I got about a year ago and it is the only game I've ever downloaded or installed on here. Can anybody help me out with what the problem might be?
I should preface that I know next to nothing about anything computer related, so I would really appreciate it if you guys can try to dumb down how to do anything you recommend. Thank you all so much I really appreciate it

Hello there,
there might be many cases why your game may lag.
1. Your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements needed to run the game properly. This means that either your CPU,Graphics Card,RAM Memory or all of these combined are too slow to run this game.
2.You should download a rock solid tool called CCleaner. It cleans your system and prevents it from bloating.
3. Have you tried disk defragmentation?
4. Try Game Booster. It's a free app. Launch the game with the program's launcher. It's a very good tool that will help increase game performance.
Ask me if you don't understand something from the above,and contact me if anything of these worked for you or not.

EDIT: Please don't discuss torrents on this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the specification's for your laptop, Laptops aren't really designed for gaming, You'd be better off trying to run it on a pc with better specs. The specification's for this game are
Minimum:

CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ Single core processor or equivalent (2.8ghz for Vista)

RAM: 512 MB or More (1GB for Vista)

Disc Drive: 8x or faster dvd drive

Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free space

Video: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible

Input: Keyboard or dual analong gamepad

Video Card with 128 mb or more memory and one of the following chipsets is required: Radeon HD 2400 or greater; NVIDIA 6800 GT or greater; DirectX 9.0c compatible card with Shader Model 3.0 support.

Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor equivalent

RAM: 2 GB

Disc Drive: 8x or faster dvd drive

Hard Drive: 9 GB or more free space

Video: Shader model 3.0 support with 512 MB RAM (Nvidia Geforce 8800GT or better)

Sound: 100% Directx 9.0c compatible sound card

Input: Dual analong gamepad
, See here Minimum System Specs - NBA 2K13 PC : 2K Support

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

This is a good tool I use to see if games will run on my pc's Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements

The game is graphic intensive so logic would dictate the root problem is the graphics chip just can't handle it.

Back
Top Bottom