Could I Play COD?

Ninja Chachi

Solid State Member
Hey guys just a quick question- I'm think of buying a new graphics card and some extra ram so can you tell me if I'll be able to play High Intensity Games like Call of Duty

Specs to be:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
RAM: 3GB or 4GB
Graphics Card: EVGA nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1 GB 2DVI PCI-Express Video Card, 01G-P3-N959-TR

So tell me guys, will I be able to run COD pretty easy with what I have or will I need to get a new processor, Or something else.

Cod isn't high intensity, since it's a console port it's made to handle on old tech. I can't say for sure on your video card but depending on the resolution you should be fine around low-medium. Though i did the game on max at 1440 900 with a bfg 9800gt 512 MB and an athlon x64 5000+ BE, you're close to what i had at the time.

(depends on the cod as well)

A good and cheap graphics card would either be XFX 5670 or the sapphire 5830. I would lean more toward the 5830. Reputation appreciated.

But if I had what I said listed would I be able to play it without much lag?

Well lag has to do with poor internet connection. Your probably referring to low framerate. I would guess you would get around 25-30 fps. Playable but nothing compared to console fps, ( If thats what your used to)

Hey ninja, your athlon x2 and 9500GT can run all cod games at medium to high settings already.
Might have to tone down settings a bit on Black Ops though especially at higher resolutions.

Also 2gb ram is enough for all cod games.
I have 4gb right now and Ive never seen a game take full use of it.
Even GTA IV only uses about 2gb

Back
Top Bottom