Assassin creed 3 dx10 or dx11?

Harsh Pranami

Baseband Member
I recently installed assassin creed 3. I have the following config amd a8-4500 radeon hd 7670+7470 dual graphics and 4 gb ram. The game is running extremely slow about 12 fps. So i downloaded this radeonpro and found that i was running dx11 version of game. The previous games had dx9 and dx10 launchers. But this one only has one icon named ac3sp.exe. Is there any way to force the game to run in dx10 mode?

right click the shortcut to the program, go to the properties tab, then in the target box add " -dx9" or " -dx10" without the quotes after the link. Save, then try running the game again from that shortcut.

EDIT: Like so.

Untitled-3.png

Last edited:
Did you try with -dx10? Looking at the system requirements, it doesn't seem to support directx 9.

If you're only getting 12 fps at the minimum settings, this won't suddenly give you a playable game. I assume you have a laptop with a 7670m. That's really not a gaming gpu.

Did you try with -dx10? Looking at the system requirements, it doesn't seem to support directx 9.

If you're only getting 12 fps at the minimum settings, this won't suddenly give you a playable game. I assume you have a laptop with a 7670m. That's really not a gaming gpu.

Ok i got it. I did as you said and also edited that assassincreed3.ini and set the first line to graphics_dx10. Got 23 fps.

Back
Top Bottom