iFrame issues surveys, etc

csufdrew

Beta member
Hi there.

I am in need of some help with my company website as we need to populate individual URLs for various hotels under the GREEN TRAVEL section. Our old IT guy used iframe to create the 'surveys' under our website but it appears there is no SEO value like this as it is pointing to our sub domain survey.greensuites.com.

In short we need whats inside the iframe to affect our main urls.

thank you

I would suggest paying your old IT guy to help you out as he knows the system. NOt sure what you mean by SEO value pointing to this? SEO is Search Engine Optimization so can't see what this has to do with the iframe.

www.mhare.com.au

Unfortunately, you cannot have the url of the iframe display in the main url bar.

I see what you mean by no SEO value (which is why you should avoid iframes for pages you want to optimize in the first place ;)). What exactly is your goal here, or specifically: what are you trying to accomplish by using the iframe. If it's your subdomain, couldn't you just put the main page layout (with the navigation, etc...) on the survey. subdomain web-pages?

Unfortunately, you cannot have the url of the iframe display in the main url bar.

I see what you mean by no SEO value (which is why you should avoid iframes for pages you want to optimize in the first place ;)). What exactly is your goal here, or specifically: what are you trying to accomplish by using the iframe. If it's your subdomain, couldn't you just put the main page layout (with the navigation, etc...) on the survey. subdomain web-pages?

i guess the reason for the iframe was because it was easier this way? I have no clue....thats why hes not with us anymore. :) Im not sure I understand what you mean by put the main page in the layout on the survey....

I think I just need to upload all files from our sub domain to our main domain (such as hotel_survey.asp, green_hotel.asp, etc).

By the layout, I mean this:
If you were to for example, upload those files like you're talking about (which is fine). And then link to them from the green travel page, they will not look like the rest of your site.

They will look like this:
http://survey.greensuites.com/city_select.asp?state=Ohio

They won't have any of the page navigation or page headers on them. I'm not sure if this is what you want, but I would advise against this (unless you apply your navigation and header to all of these pages).

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom