Vista and Internet Explorer

sjbvic

Beta member
My friend has a Dell computer that came preloaded with all of the software. After about a month of use one day he got an error message stating that Internet Explorer stopped working. We took his unit to a local shop where they were able to fix the problem. After another month of use this happened again. Internet Explorer would not work. This time I simply installed Firefox on his unit and it has beeen working without any problem since. Any idea what is causing Internet Explorer to stop working?

What computer does he have? Also, what version of Vista? If you know what the shop did to fix it the first time, please tell us that too.

ok a few things.

1. if it was new it shuda bin sent back to dell or phoned dell for support on the problem.

2. the shop should also offer some kinda warranty on the work they did.

3. when do you get the message saying internet explorer stopped working ? as soon as you click the icon after its been running a while ? what exactly does the message say.

4. what version of vista u working on ?

after you answer these questions we should be able to help you better

He has a Dell E520 computer with Vista Home Premium.
Re: warranty from the shop wherer they fixed it, it is quite hard to ask for any when they fixed it free of charge. I have been dealing with this shop for sometime and have a pretty good relationship with them. After I posted my inquiry here I searched Google and found quite a few sites dealing with this problem. Here is one:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1222415&SiteID=17

Back
Top Bottom