Ubuntu 10.10 Login Issue

FORDSVTPARTS

In Runtime
Hey Guys,
I Just Did A Clean install Of Ubuntu 10.10 on My Dell Poweredge 400SC and Clicked the "Log me In Automatically" Box In the install wizard then when i clicked the "Restart" Button it did not log me in automatically it went to the log in screen and i typed in my password and it logs in shows my desktop then logs out again. Please Help! :mad::confused:
UPDATE-I Reinstalled linux on the machine and it was working fine then i restarted it and then i couldnt log on to my account the same thing keeps happening!

I have had that issue myself before, also 10.10, when it happened I immediately powered down the machine completely and then powered it up again and it booted in. I think its just a bug that pops up sometimes after a fresh install. I did however end up reinstalling Ubuntu after that anyway just in case and have been running fine ever since! Did u encrypt ur home directory? i have a feeling that might cause it to happen sometimes.....

Ah come on dont give up on Linux just yet ;) believe me once you go Linux you'll find that you learn sooooo much more about computing/networking because you see how things actually work underneath the hood

Ah come on dont give up on Linux just yet ;) believe me once you go Linux you'll find that you learn sooooo much more about computing/networking because you see how things actually work underneath the hood

yeah, and i just found out when i tried to install the 64 bit windows seven that it is not compatible running at these specs
1 GB RAM
40 GB HDD
512 MB Video Card
2.0 GHz Intel Celeron

Yeah I dont think that celeron processor supports 64 Bit architecture.... Why do you wanna go 64 Bit if I may ask??

Why on earth do you want to install 64-bit 7 (or any 64 bit OS) running those specs?! Just use 32 bit, 64 bit isn't going to provide you with a magic speed increase.

Why on earth do you want to install 64-bit 7 (or any 64 bit OS) running those specs?! Just use 32 bit, 64 bit isn't going to provide you with a magic speed increase.

As I Said,
I Reinstalled Ubuntu 32 Bit And It Still Does the same crap!

Back
Top Bottom