Restoring Windows with a OLD Hard Drive

ChrisMah

Beta member
Hi

My HP Laptop Pavilions Hard Drive Crashed. I replaced it with an OLD Sony Vaio Hard Drive from a swap out. Now I have a HP computer that has Drivers, Factory Settings and an Operating system from a Sony that is registered and Still in use on another computer.

How do I get my HP back to an HP with HP settings? I have the Product Key that came with the OEM HP Windows 7 Home premium but I have no restore disks.

If you just swapped the hard drive out of the other computer, how is it still in use in the other one?

I would just suggest formatting the hard drive and reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows. If you use an OEM copy you should be able to activate it with the laptop's key. Then download and install software and drivers for that model from HP's website.

If you don't have a copy of Windows then you can use Microsoft's Recovery page, All you have to do is enter your valid, legal key and then it will determine which version of Windows 7/8/8.1/10 it belongs to and should allow you to download an ISO Software Download - Microsoft.

Back
Top Bottom