Question! About Booting......

Super-Pieboy

Beta member
(Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, it my first post)

As of recently i have been my iPod for holding stuff that ain't
music/videos .i.e programs, and i was wondering if it was possible to have an operating system on the iPod (vista or xp) and be able to boot up from it as if it were an external hard drive?

If you know please say something:)

as far as i know it should be possible as long as the computers bios can support booting from usb
list your motherboard make and model and i am sure people will be able to help more

as far as i know it should be possible as long as the computers bios can support booting from usb
list your motherboard make and model and i am sure people will be able to help more

Well what i was wondering was if it was possible be able to have the iPod as a portable hard drive with the OS on it and be able to just plug it in to any computer and start up with it
(also its using a firewire connection but because there seems to be a malfunction when i try to connect with a usb cable)

So if anyone has some general tips for booting from the iPod

that could be a proble with windows cos obviously it may not just boot up on a different comp you may need to do a repair maybe a linux distro would work as for the firewire i wouldnt know

Back
Top Bottom