help....i f@#ked up

jman2116

Beta member
hey i dont even know if i am posting in the right area....but any way i some how madeit so my administator account doent even show up and i cant do anything under the guest account ....is there any way to bypass this so i can get my administator account back

Curious as to how you managed to click the 'remove my own account' button and then accidentially click the 'ok' button on the other side of the window after that:confused:.. in any case... I say reinstall windows. There are tools out there that help you get around it if you LOST your administration account password, not deleted it.

well i dont think i deleted it i named the comuter and when i logged off the accout i use all the time is gone

jman2116 said:
hey i dont even know if i am posting in the right area....but any way i some how madeit so my administator account doent even show up and i cant do anything under the guest account ....is there any way to bypass this so i can get my administator account back
Yes do what i did,
Put in the xp cd i presume and go to the run menu,
And select or type in setup
Be more carefull to be a 1 user this time.I did :)
:p

That's what i was gunna say, boot into to safemode and change the name of the admin. account in there.

you can't see administrator accounts whilst you are using the fast switching user mode...

(where you get all the little icons associated with users at login).

you can log in as administrator, but you'll have to press control-alt-delete...

once you are in you have the choice of either creatnig another user, (which is a good idea, you wouldn't run a linux system as root, and you shouldn't usethe uber admin accuont for everyday windows use either)... or you can switch off fast user switching,

XP should not hide the Administrator Account if there is only a Guest account up?

But yeah, Control Alt Delete will do the job just fine.

When did Bluto come back?!

I was just wondering what you meant by fast-user switching. I am using the icons at the login page and i can see that administrators account as well as my account

Back
Top Bottom