help getting linux lol

lhamil64

In Runtime
Hey i have a hard drive that i don't use and i wanted to put linux on it but i can't connect to the internet on it. i was wondering if i could download like a linux file or something onto my xp computer and then burn that file onto a CD and bring it onto the other hard drive?

and if i can, will you also post a link to the website.

i started to download it and i looked at how long left and it said 66 HOURS! thats a long time! is the file like HUGE or something because if it is i might not fit it on a CD LOL!

EDIT:
OMG i just looked at the file size and it wasn't too bad but i looked at the download speed and its only 7 something??? WHY? and is there another place i can download it from that is faster?

i got the ISO file but the CD burning software version that came on my computer does not support burning an ISO file. i was wondering, if i just burned the file and not did all the stuff to copy the orignial CD, would i be able to bring it onto windows 98 and like install it using the ISO file? if not i could find a freeware burning software.

Your best bet is probably to order it from a web site, all you woul have to pay for is the shipping cost. either the live cd or the live dvd.

lhamil64 said:
i got the ISO file but the CD burning software version that came on my computer does not support burning an ISO file. i was wondering, if i just burned the file and not did all the stuff to copy the orignial CD, would i be able to bring it onto windows 98 and like install it using the ISO file? if not i could find a freeware burning software.

nero can burn images. There is a free trial version available.

i got it i just had to download a powertoy for win xp and it worked. and i actually got it to run off the CD on a hdd but it was like really slow. guess ill try more next week end lol

it won't install! it comes up with the icons when i boot it from the CD and when i try to click on the "Install" icon it acts kind of like it is going to do something but it doesn't do anything.

is there something i am doing wrong or should i just like click it and then wait till the end of the day.

can you browse the internet and that kinda stuff with the live cd? And no, you don't have to wait. It should pop up the installation windows instantly.

Back
Top Bottom