Deinterlacing

Gordon1

Beta member
It's been about a year now in which WMP shows me certain DVDs in a blurry way. Same DVDs work well in PowerDVD/MPC and I simply don't have an explanation.

I've attempted to explore NVIDIA's troubleshooting section, yet the "change settings" is greyed out. Attempted FFDShow - to no avail. It seems like the Windows system prevents me from changing anything: I tried-for the mere sake of just checking-to flip video vertically on a DVD and it hasn't worked.

An example can be found in: https://s30.postimg.org/agdec8qsx/sample.png

I'd appreciate any help.

I'd recommend trying VLC media player instead, seems to work much better than Windows Media Player.

I can't see any significant issues with the screenshot posted, not exactly sure what I'm looking for!

May I ask why WMP? I see MPC is working good with you. Is there anything special not to use MPC?

WMP uses internal codecs and I personally don't know of a way to control those. MPC is one of those with customize-ability to do anything desired, including using WMP's own renderer.

As for the attachment, I think you mean the resizing filtering? I remember last time I used WMP, it did not filter resized media as desired and I felt something was off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom