Computer driver messed up, or something else?

samwapp

Beta member
Last night, I turned off my desktop, and when I went to turn it on this morning, it went to a black screen with a mouse cursor. I thought it must be a one time thing, I restarted it, and then it went to my desktop. However, on the bottom right it said there was a driver error, Norton Anti-Virus said there was a problem that needed to be fixed, and I checked and it said that my firewall wall and my anti-virus were off. What should I do, is it a virus or something else?

Will it let you turn then back on? Start in safe-mode and run a virus scan and see if it finds anything.

go to the device manager (super (thats windows key for you n00bs) + pause|break) then select th hardware tab, then click device manager. See if there are any errors (no yellow exclamation point or red x) and see where the driver problem is. If you are worried about your PC being infected, I cannot say enough good things about malwarebytes anti-malware. I also suggest installing ClamWin antivirus alongside your current virus program. It's an open source antivirus that gets updates on new viruses almost daily and has worked wonders for me.

Back
Top Bottom