Color hate

WEPblaster

Solid State Member
Let me know what color hat you are and what attacks you typically use.

I am a gray hat myself and my methods are pen and connection access.

Title should be "Color Hat" and OP is referring to the Black, White and Gray hat hackers (signifying intent).

If you post anything true in this thread... then you're either the dumbest hat, or it's not true.

This is my only attack:
banhammer.gif~c200

Last edited:
Yeah. I was making fun of the baby hacker mentality.
People that are so stupid they think hacking is a cool use of your time. Lol
Or they think it makes them look cool to pretend to be a hacker wannabe.

I would argue it's a great use of time... but it largely depends on what you're using the skillset for. It's like anything else. I learned a great many things in the Marine Corps. So now I have many skills... those can be used for either good or bad... for the advancement of our species or the stagnation of our species.

The problem is people find great power in skills and don't understand the responsibility that comes with it... the unimaginable long term consequences of the use of said power.

Think of the first malware ever written. It was a simple code page that the creators did as a prank and didn't consider how quickly it would propagate. It ended up killing many of the early internet nodes... and it was supposed to be a joke.

You're right though, typically when people hear of a trade, they want the power and not the responsibility. Disregard to responsibility is the birthplace of stagnation.

hey guys sorry about the terminology and grammer. i had to rewrite the whole thing all over again due to the app crashing.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

hey tech maybe the title is racist or it could just be about gray, black and white hat hackers....on second thought you may have a point. Also my apologies on using the word hackers, its an ugly word in my opinion

hey iPwn as long as you dont straight up say stuff like (i used a pen test on this place last week) then you should be fine. But i understand where you are coming from.
ill give an example, about two weeks ago I had some [person] using my wifi, couldnt figure out who or how. turns outs the crafty [person] used some program to get my PW, wireshark most likely. so i packet sniffed my network got the [persons] social networking accounts login in and changed my wifi names to his login name and PW. 2.4ghz was is username and my 5ghz was the PW.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey iPwn as long as you dont straight up say stuff like (i used a pen test on this place last week) then you should be fine. But i understand where you are coming from.

Or things like:
about two weeks ago I had some [person] using my wifi, couldnt figure out who or how. turns outs the crafty [person] used some program to get my PW, wireshark most likely. so i packet sniffed my network got the [person] social networking accounts login in and changed my wifi names to his login name and PW. 2.4ghz was is username and my 5ghz was the PW.

That's an admission of guilt. You may have owned the physical media on which the data was being transferred, but you did not own the data being transferred. Therefore, you circumvented intellectual property controls, which is against many federal laws. But I'm pretty sure you're not posting this from a personal IP or device... right?

-------------------------------

On a forum rules note; please mind the language. We're a family show here.

Edit:

I think what Tech was saying, and what I'm hinting towards is; If you're truly breaking the law intentionally, don't be stupid enough to talk about it. If you talk about it, you likely don't know all the consequences or haven't really done it.

I now work in law enforcement and can say with a certain amount of certainty that the number one thing that separates the cases we can prosecute from the cases that go unsolved is whether or not the criminal talked about his crime. That's not always true of course, but it's a good thing to keep in mind. Posting on a public forum that you killed your wife is probably going to get you caught with the quickness.

Hacking, even though completely legal under the right context, is still wildly frowned upon. Even though you can go anywhere on the web and learn about how to do it, we don't allow tutorials or questions of "how to" here. Not because it's a "bad" thing.. but it certainly has a huge potential of violating a great many laws.

I'm guessing you're in your early stages of learning, so I'll give you the best advice you're going to get if you choose this path.

Einstein said:
If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut.

Feel free to post and socialize to your hearts content, but posts like the above will land you in hot water that you never saw coming... and I'm not talking about from this site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom