BSOD , no devices in device manager

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition running on Dell Dimension 4600 series Desktop.

When I start up the pc I get the xp logo, it says windows is starting, the start up jingle no longer comes on but when I click on my user logo it begins the start up procedure. the wallpaper comes up and then all the icons appear. The taskbar then appears at the bottom but within 10 seconds or so it clicks off and goes into the dreaded blue screen. The technical info changes each time but this is what the blue screen says.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated.
If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer.
if this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue disable or remove any installed hardware or software.
Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer. press F8 to select Advance startup options and select safemode.
Technical info
STOP: 0x000000F4 (00000003, 0x87EBBDA0, 0x87EBBF14, 0x8060577E) beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your administrator or technical support group for further assistance

Each time the blue screen comes up there is a different Stop message. Just for another example the ref was
STOP: 0x000000F$ (0x00000003, 0x8766BAE8, 0x8766BC5C, 0x8060577E)

In safemode all desktop icons come up. The taskbar at the bottom comes up with just START and the time. When I click on Control panel and go into printers it shows no printers. When I click on Security centre nothing happens at all. When i click on taskbar options the computer screen goes blank and then goes into the dreaded blue screen again. Another error message i received in safemode was win32k.sys-Address BF8c0862 base at BF800000, Datestamp 4d6F95bd but i cannot remember what i was clicking on at the time.

Possibilities ?

Ha Ha, yh i did, formatted and reinstalled. turned out to be many corrupt system files caused by the bad RAM module.

Back
Top Bottom