WWII Movies

Half Evil

Golden Master
I just was wondering, how do you think the Japanese feel about these movies continuously being made, on a war they lost?

I only think about it because I watched Flags of Our Fathers today and my God it was amazing. So realistic, and when you see the Japanese being killed how they were on Iwo Jima.

Sure, the Americans are killed too, but it could easily be viewed "Racial" because Americans filmed it.

I don't know, just thinking about it.

Anyways, off the record, that moving was AmAzInG!

That's what makes Letters From Iwo Jima unique. It's completely from the perspective of the Japanese side showing that no matter what propaganda showed them to be or just people's general thoughts towards them, they were humans fighting a war, much like the Americans.

Yeah, Flags of Our Fathers is a good movie. The ironic thing is that I think both movies were produced by Clint Eastwood.

The Japanese deserved all they got, but I didn't approve of the the dropping of the two atomic bombs, although, as I was a kid at the time of the Japanese surrender, I enjoyed the street party celebrations scoffing trifles, biscuits, drinking squash etc, but mum wasn't very pleased when I threw up afterwards!

My wifes uncle was in that war and he was anti jap through and through, when confronted about it he would never speek of it only saying they where ruthless of unimaginable proportions thus he would never allow or speek to anyone of that culture, never in all my life have i seen anyone with that much hatred for a nation.

My wifes uncle was in that war and he was anti jap through and through, when confronted about it he would never speek of it only saying they where ruthless of unimaginable proportions thus he would never allow or speek to anyone of that culture, never in all my life have i seen anyone with that much hatred for a nation.
A distant relative of mine died in one of their camps, his widow has just died, they were married only a few months before he died, she never re-married, she was heart-broken.

A distant relative of mine died in one of their camps, his widow has just died, they were married only a few months before he died, she never re-married, she was heart-broken.

That is very sad story im very sorry to here that

:( It's horrible to think what the actualy did to other humanbiens in them camps, how someone could put someone through so much torture for nothing really. I dont think I'd of been able to cope tbh :(

:( It's horrible to think what the actualy did to other humanbiens in them camps, how someone could put someone through so much torture for nothing really. I dont think I'd of been able to cope tbh :(

Unfortunately its still going on in places now we just don't get to here about it that much, you think of some of these middle eastern countries that kidnap people like news reporters or aid workers, the ones we never get to see again until there bodies are broadcast in diabolical ways on there righteous television stations.

I just was wondering, how do you think the Japanese feel about these movies continuously being made, on a war they lost?

I only think about it because I watched Flags of Our Fathers today and my God it was amazing. So realistic, and when you see the Japanese being killed how they were on Iwo Jima.

Sure, the Americans are killed too, but it could easily be viewed "Racial" because Americans filmed it.

I don't know, just thinking about it.

Anyways, off the record, that moving was AmAzInG!

ive just got hold of flags of our fathers so im gong to watch it as you said its amazing. another friend has got letters from iwo jima so il watch that aswell then let you knw what i thought.

I'm sure they really don't care about the movies. I think thats a portion of their history they'd like to forget. Or atleast, i would if i was Japaneese. IN contrary to Brookfield, I'm glad we dropped the A-bombs on japan. They deserved it after the bataan death martch and other inhuman acts. Yes, the civil's didn't deserve that fate, but the japaneese officials, and military stationed in those two cities deffinatly did.

Back
Top Bottom