Viacom sues Google/Youtube for $1 Billion

There's no way Google will lose that suit. It's not like they uploaded the copyrighted content, the users did. It goes back to the VCR lawsuit - if it has a legal use, it's fine. Same thing with P2P like Limewire, they can't take it down because it has some illegal things on it since it is technically not supposed to be used that way.

I'm going to say even if they do lose, $1 billion is nothing to google, compared to what it is worth and how much they make.

BGates14 said:
I'm going to say even if they do lose, $1 billion is nothing to google, compared to what it is worth and how much they make.
I would say thats alot to anyone, even google

Ya 1 billion is 1000 million lol its a lot to anyone! Except I though I saw somewhere Bill Gates or Microsoft is worht like $550 billion lol if its true then idk what i'de do! That would be insane

edit-->just found this little fact! and wow i wish i could make that much!
Consider that he made this money in the 25 years or so since Microsoft was founded in 1975. If you presume that he has worked 14 hours a day on every business day of the year since then, that means he's been making money at a staggering million dollars per hour, around $300 per second.

and also found bill gates net worth is around $53 billion

freestyler105 said:
There's no way Google will lose that suit. It's not like they uploaded the copyrighted content, the users did. It goes back to the VCR lawsuit - if it has a legal use, it's fine. Same thing with P2P like Limewire, they can't take it down because it has some illegal things on it since it is technically not supposed to be used that way.

Thats exactly what i just told my dad who heard about this issue...the videos were not copy righted, and the user uploaded them, not googles liability.

BGates14 said:
they bought you tube for 1.2 billion if they loose they will DOUBLE the cost of it that would hurt youtube pretty bad. i think the owners of youtube could have sold it for more but they knew they had to sell it fast or they would loose money from lawsuits. werent those guys who owned average 24 year olds or something probaly without proper lawyers so it wouldnt be hard to win against them. so they took there 1.2 billion and were happy i would be too

Spec said:
Thats exactly what i just told my dad who heard about this issue...the videos were not copy righted, and the user uploaded them, not googles liability.
Yep, some quotes from the terms of service from the YouTube site:
http://youtube.com/t/terms said:
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.

you further agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted

YouTube does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and YouTube expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.

Viacom never "signed" it so that really shouldnt be a factor because there not sueing the users. you cant right a Terms of Service to get around copy right laws.

Back
Top Bottom