Opps....

Kage

Golden Master
Hey,

I left my computer on all night, from around 2am until now, around 9:50am (I actually wanted more sleep than that, damn it, but my family making so much noise around me, made that a damn hard thing to do!)

Well, anyway, I was rendering all night an image that took 3 1/2 hours to complete, and it actually finished it and didn't crash down this time!

What I didn't do:

But, I also tried to shut down as many programs as I could. That includes Explorer, MSN, AVG, and I believe, ZoneAlarm.

But one thing I didn't do, was physically dissconnect my Internet from the PC...

Is there a way of checking at all, that I didn't close down Zonealarm for sure?
Or, a way of checking if a hacker did try to gain access while I was asleep, if it was off?

Thanks

so its done rendering correct? then do a reboot and everything should be back to normal. then u can scan for stuff

Don't worry, I made sure all programs were back on when I got up, but amist the arguing, I didn't know if I already had Zonealarm running or not, before I clicked it again, and realising the connection was still plugged in.

I'll run a scan then yeah :)

But is there any way of knowing for sure if someone did?

i am not sure , depending on your router there may be logs there

also depending on your router it may have an spi firewall or it may also disconnect from the internet if the connection is left idle for a certain ammount of time , i think mine disconnects after 30mins idle

Why do you insist on calling me Kane? :|

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong, so maybe you are all right.

Back
Top Bottom