9800gx2 Looking good!

Source ATI (AMD) took the performance crown for the fastest graphics card in town with its twin-GPU Radeon HD3870 X2 that was released just over a month ago.

NVIDIA's been readying its own dual-GPU response for some time now and we saw mechanical samples of the GeForce 9800 GX2 - a SKU that amalgamates two G92 chips into one package - back in November and, more recently, at CES 2008.

CeBIT 2008 marks the watershed for public displays of the behemoth, and Albatron was one of the very first to have it behind Perspex.

HEXUS snuck in on pre-show day and took a few shots.

Most likely running at 600MHz core, 1,500MHz shader, and 2,000MHz GDDR3 memory, the 9800 GX2 is a little more than two GeForce 8800 GT 512s working in pre-configured SLI.

NVIDIA, rumours say, has been having problems in ensuring that the extra-large card works within acceptable thermal tolerances.

Whatever the case, the 9800 GX2 is due to be released imminently and, on paper, should usurp the Radeon HD 3870 X2 as the speediest single graphics card money can buy.

Yum, yum. Expect the HDMI-bearing card to cost between £350-£400.

Wow is all I can say. This thing is going to be a beast. Here are some pic's of it setup and a configuration shot. 1gb of memory, 256 pixel shaders and a 512bit bus width!

albaGX2-big.jpg

albaGX22-big.jpg

9800gx2_large_2.jpg

9800gx2_large_1.jpg

That is one sexy beast. Wow, it just looks so beefy.

I can already imagine that being in my case... ;)

lol i can imagine it not being able to fit in my case
how much is 400 pounds ?

Well, if you convert to dollars with today's market, it's almost exactly $800. But prices are never determined like that.

For reference, BMW M3s that were sold in England were priced around 36-38,000 pounds Sterling, which, if directly converted to dollars, would be almost $76-80,000. But the M3 was sold here in the US for $48,995 sticker price. You can't really determine price based on international pricing. (usually..)

waste of money.

Why buy this when something better comes out constendly in the gRaphic market?

Suppose your smart and you spend $200 on something that will do just the same lmfao, if you buy this just for a few games why> when you can buy $200 one that will jjust see the same shit on the screen. pfft

Back
Top Bottom