xml files crash WIN2003 Server

gsalmon4

Baseband Member
When squirting data from a workstation to a WIN2003 Server through SQL, the server throws a "Blue Screen of Death". The files are.xml with test results. When the files are placed across manually the server is quite happy.
We have Mcafee installed and we have excluded xml files for now, we thought the problem was also Legato (Vinca Link) but we have uninstalled this and still crashes when the data comes across.
Has anyone had prob like this and found a cure.

Regards

Blue screens of death are almost certainly called by out of memory errors... (thats out of allocated range, not out of physical memory)...

they are caused when a program tries to address memory outside of it's allocated range, and that memory is protected...

eg 0x000005.

can you post some more exact details about what you are doing?
e.g what is the SQL version (is it MSSQL if so 2000, or 2005 beta, what service pack)...

what is on the client, I mean what tool is sending the data,

Firstly Thanks for replying, this could get messy!!!

Basically we are testing new vehicles with specilaist software and the company have wrote an app, that runs in the services that sends the data (results in .xml files) to the server. This app poles every few seconds to send any new data up to the server by just using a file share. We have sent a couple of files using the app ok but the server falls over regulary, ie BSOD and reboots. The SQL version is 2000.

The workstaions are XP if this helps

Regards

hmmm,
I think the problem could be something like the XML files are being over written whilst they are being used...
I imagine the file size is changing during a read opperation or something and that is causeing problems.

a better way to have done it would have been to set up a direct connection to the database using a system DSN or something, then data would be sent directly to the server, rather than in the XML intermittant stage...

the problem with this being a proprietory app is that there is very little that can be done to help, the only thing I can suggest is that you get as much information as you can from the event viewer and go to the vendor listing a bug request.

Back
Top Bottom