Word 2010 takes a minute or more to save to network

Jsy

Baseband Member
Greetings,

When my users save a word document or anything related to MS Office (2010 or 2013) onto the network it takes a minute to save or more. A box will pop up with the saving location with a blue line saying stating the save progress.

I have a brand new network running MS Server 2012 Essentials, running all Window 7 Pro 64-bit desktops via wifi (8 users).

1) I have tried different AV and no AV - same problem
2) I have disabled SMB2.0/3.0 on the server, which resolves the problem, but my transfer speed is 350kb max.
3) I've check the DNS so many times my eyes are sore.
4) Wifi traffic is all in the clear.
5) I've tested large file transfers zero problem. Downloaded large internet files no problem.

The end result is it is not a local network issue, but a server to client issue strictly. Has anyone found a fix for this? Dell and MS have been zero help.

EDIT: I ran both of these commands on the server when configuring the SMB2.0/3.0 to SMB1.0 (don't do it to the client side. It won't make a difference):
1) Set-SmbServerConfiguration -EnableSMB2Protocol $false
2) Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters" SMB1 -Type DWORD -Value 0 -Force
Reboot your server, then your desktop.
Smooth sailing from here

Nice. Sucks that you had to make that particular reg mod to fix the issue. A little excessive. Have you found any other culprit since?

Back
Top Bottom