webpage hosting

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
I have a system that i am running windows 2000 server, and was wondering how to make it hosts webpages ( i know i am a noob) I want to host it more so that i can put my some of my files so when i go to work on peoples computers i can just type in my ip in there browser and i can download my files if i need them, i ma not talking about a file server, i want to have webpages. can anyone give me full details?

there are two ways...
go to the control pannel and select add/remove windows components. select the IIS server and install that...

Now a new icon can be found in the administrative tools section of the control pannel... this is the webserver administration, it's all pretty graphical point and click admin.

the second option is to go to www.apache.org and download and install the apache webserver...

once you've installed this there is a files called httpd.conf that you'll need to edit to chage any thing...

or you can just drop the documents you want in the default htdocs folder...

Once you've done that, have a play around with the administration of the server and come back if you need more help...

Back
Top Bottom