Remote access

huw@asa

Beta member
Hello,

When i am not in the office, I try and connect to our windows small business server from home. I have a wireless network within my house with a belkin 54g router. The settings for the remote access are fine as nobody else has a problem accessing files. But when i try and access them the whole computer freezes and i have to reboot!

However, when i use my data card i am able to access everything fine, my router is good for evrything else, could it be a wrong setting on that?

Any help here would be a great help,

Cheers
Huw

So let me get this straight. You can get into the server, but once in your computer crashes? That isn't right...

The only thing I can think of, is that your wireless router is more then likely the problem. Maybe try using just straight wire and see if that helps. I'm not to familar with wireless as it's slower. Hope everything turns out ok. ;)

It could be a unexpected deniation from the main Server, keeping you in the middle of nowhere, making it crash. It could come from a too busy server, a server not recognising your computer. I think you should talk to the manager to see about that. It may be an OS issue between the Server and your computer. If you guys run Win 2k3, then it is out of it, but if you use XP Home, then, we would have a big problem. XP Home isn't designed for sing such things

There's a lot of factors, your best bet is to contact the person incharge of that Server and ask how you might be able to view it.

Thanks for the help guys, he will try that out, i will get back to you tomorrow with news on if it was successful or not!

Cheers
Huw

Back
Top Bottom