NT4 Server BDC Interactive Login

chrisds9

Beta member
I am running NT4 server SP6A and have created a new user account called 'adminnt4' whilst logged on as administrator, using User Manager for Domains.
I attempted to logon to the server machine locally using adminnt4 user account but I received the following error message: "The local policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively".
Initially I thought this was because the adminnt4 user account did not have the correct rights to logon locally to the server becuase this user was only a member of Domain Users group, so to fix this I made this user account a member of the Administrators group.
By default the Administrator group has the right to Logon on Locally and I checked this using the processes explained below:
1)Logon to the server as an Administrator
2)Start User Manager for Domains (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - User Manager for Domains)
3)Select "User Rights" from the "Policies" menu
4)From the drop down "Rights" list select "Log on locally"
5)Click Add, and select "Administrators", click Add, then click OK
6)Close User Manager
7)Logout and a User will now be able to login
I'm using a Windows 2000 Server PDC and the problem machine is an NT4 Server BDC.
I still get the error with this user account, and I've tried deleting the account and creating a new one with the same user rights.
Please help.

Sorry Just singed up today so have not added loads of details about what I do.....

Have you tryed add the User to the domain admins group???

I have found that some times this needs to be done...

Let me know what happens...

Nick

The entire operating system needed re-installing and setting up as a BDC during the install. There were other system event log errors that I followed up on Microsoft KB and the only solution was to re-install.
This server had previously been a PDC in the domain and demoting it to a BDC although successful, failed to fully integrate with the exisitng Win 2000 PDC.
It's ok now though, headache over.

Back
Top Bottom